The Echo smart speakers from Amazon are known the best for the Alexa voice assistant which powers them. however, they can also work like a normal Bluetooth speaker for playing music, podcasts, and any other audio programs from your smartphone, tab, or any kind of Bluetooth enabled device. Not only does it enhance the quality of your audio, but also allows you to source the services which remain inaccessible by Alexa, which includes Apple Music and other popular podcast apps.
Remember, that not all the Echo smart speakers offer you with amazing sound quality. Echo Dot is the best in use when it comes to engaging with Alexa and receive the spoken audio updates rather than listen to music. However, the second generation of the Echo Dot can provide you with a good quality sound if you are planning to listen to music in a small to medium-sized room. Echo Plus is the best in providing you with robust sound for any room.
You must keep in mind that Echo speakers can be synced for boosting the volume collectively, however, multi-room audio cannot be supported for the Bluetooth connections. This is because of the limitations of Bluetooth technology and not Amazon’s shortcomings.
Even though it is limited, the control of Alexa on your Bluetooth audio source is not entirely absent. Generally, Alexa will retain the ability to play, stop, pause, skip forward and backward, and also adjust the volume amongst the several other functions. She would, of course, coordinate with the Bluetooth connection.
You might also interested in reading: transfer messages from Android to Android via Bluetooth
How to pair your Amazon Echo device to a Bluetooth enabled device
For using your Amazon Echo device as a Bluetooth speaker for your phone, tablet, or any kind of Bluetooth enabled device, simply follow the basic steps as described below.
- The very first step is to make sure that the device you wish to connect is in the range of your Echo device.
- Also, disconnect any existing Bluetooth connection if present by using the command, Alexa disconnect.
- Then, the next step is to set your phone, or any other device you wish to connect to the Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Then set your Echo speaker to the pairing mode by saying, Alexa pair. You will get a confirmation from her when she says searching.
- On your phone or tablet or any other device select the Echo speaker from the Bluetooth settings. Once it is connected, Alexa will tell you that it is successfully connected.
- Once the connection is configured, you can reinitiate it any time when the devices are in range with the help of Bluetooth. You can do this by the command, Alexa, pair with (your device name) or Alexa, connect to (your device name).
- If you wish to disconnect from the existing device, just say, Alexa, disconnect from my speaker and it will disconnect.
These are the simple steps in which you can easily connect any Bluetooth enabled device of your choice to the Echo speaker and listen to your favorite music or podcasts.